Saturday, November 14, 2009

So-Easy Apple Crisp Pie



So, what did I do with the 30 lbs. of apples that we picked in the fall? Most were made into apple pies, apple crisps, apple nut ring, apple sauce, apple this and apple that... Apple crisp is by far my favourite. Unfortunately, the photos of the pies are nowhere to be found in my files since I'm still having technical difficulties with my computer. :(

Out of the goodness of my heart, I made two double crusted apple pies for my hubby since that's what he prefers. What a good wife I am, huh? :) I think we're appled out for a while now.

What every child needs to learn...


Apple Crisp Pie

1 tbsp flour

1 deep dish pie crust

4-5 cups apples, peeled, cored, sliced (about 5 apples)

2 tbsp cornstarch

½ cup brown sugar

¼ tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp nutmeg

Topping:

¾ cup rolled oats

½ cup brown sugar

1/3 cup flour

1/3 cup butter

1. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. (15 ml) flour over the bottom of an uncooked pie crust and set aside on a cookie sheet.

2. Prepare apples.

3. Combine cornstarch, sugar, spices and sprinkle over apples. Set aside.

4. Combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter to make crumble topping.

5. Place apples in pie shell.

6. Sprinkle topping over apples, and press gently.

7. Bake at 350F on a cookie sheet for about 45 – 50 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment