Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm a garbage picker!


Look what I found in the garbage last week! A neighbour around the corner was throwing away their Weber Silver B bbq. I know this because we have the exact same one. My eyes went BOING! when I saw it just because my girlfriend who also has the also has the same model but older without the solid cast iron grills wanted the cast iron grills. I stopped armed with rubber gloves and a cardboard box. TO my surprise, the bbq was in, compared to ours, in great condition, except for the flavor bars which were a little rusty. I took the drip pan and the grills but later called my hubby to come and load the entire thing up into the van. I could have just wheeled it home in broad daylight, but no, I couldn't take the chance and be seen by someone I knew! :) I was planning on buying a second one off of craigslist since the one that I have which I love is too small for our family, but now I don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had garbage like that around my place...

    Think about it as doing your part in saving our environment.

    ReplyDelete