Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cora's Holiday Cookies

What they're supposed to look like...

Do they look like the ones in the recipe card?
Roll into three logs, wrap and freeze.

I sliced them about 0.5 cm but I think they should be a little more thicker.

I had breakfast with a couple of friends at a restaurant chain called Cora's and they usually have little tear-off recipes at the table to take home. This recipe is supposedly handed down from generation to generation, that they are sharing with everyone. It sounded good, so I thought I'd give it a try. The server saw me taking a copy and said that if I took one, I'd have to bake her some. So, I will be visiting again on Friday and will definitely take her a few.Here's the recipe...


Instead of candied fruit, I used craisins. I don't know if this makes too much of a difference in flavour but that's all I had. Next time I will use the candied fruit before Christmas for a more festive look. I made a batch of 12 cookies for dessert and they disappeared before they even had a chance to cool. They tasted a lot like a shortbread cookie and were not bad. Probably not one of my favourite cookies, but I'd make them again. The recipe was easy and it must make about 5 dozen cookies.Very much like a shortbread and didn't do anything more than brown at the edges after laying them on the cookie sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment