Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yummy Peach Custard Pie



Peach Custard Pie
My simple recipe "card" which is kept in an old pocket photo album.



One of my best friends, Grace, had been making this for years and believe me, no offense to her, but if Grace can make this, you can too!! Yes, it's that easy! She had to reassure me that it was that simple.

It's peach season! Mmmm...and I'm so glad that it is because peach pie has become one of my favorites, after apple pie. You can get a basket of fresh peaches and make it into this delicious, easy as 1, 2, 3. Please let me stress the word "easy". Just look at the recipe "card" I make it from.


6-8 medium peaches
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp. flour
1 prebaked deep-dish pie crusts

This recipe is so easy to double or triple. No exact measurements are required. Add more peaches if you want more filling.

Prebake your pie crusts according to instructions if using frozen like I do because I still can't make a nice flaky crust.



Preheat ove to 325F. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place washed peaches a few at a time into boiling water for about 40 seconds. Remove from boiling water and dip into a large bowl of cold water. Skin the peaches. They should slip off quite easily. Discard skins and pits. Slice and fill pie crusts, set aside.Sweetest yellow fleshed peaches.


In a separate bowl, combine sugar, eggs and flour, mix thoroughly and pour over peaches. Place in preheated oven for 1 hour.

Serve hot! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that does sound delicious and easy. Though I have never tried to skin a peach. Is it really that fool-proof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love peaches... seems rather simple and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that looks yummy!! Mouth is watering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is delicious and THAT food-proof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peach pie is my ALLTIME FAVOURITE pie!!!! It's just incredible and yours look freaking amazing!

    ReplyDelete