Thursday, July 30, 2009

Look how pretty I am! Lauren gets her ears pierced.

Okay, I'm ready...
On your mark...
I've wanted to take my youngest daughter to get her ears pierced since she was a baby but once she passed a certain age, I couldn't do it anymore since I knew she wouldn't understand and probably would be inconsolable. I'll never know, but that's just what I thought. I guess ear piercing for a girl could be equated to a boy having a circumcision procedure, no? Ok, probably not. But either way, more than likely, if you had a boy, you'd never as a child have to contemplate whether or not and when if you decided to have his ears pierced.

Well, Lauren is a big girl now - almost four in less than 4 weeks! She decided on her own, as I let my eldest daughter, as to when she was ready to have her ears pierced. After all, I myself, didn't have my ears pierced until I was 10! I have fond memories of my father taking me to the department store, Eaton's down at the Toronto Eaton Centre. My mother would always say "No, you're not ready." I knew I was. It was after a dentist's appointment during the day, and I quietly asked my father if I could get earrings. He said YES! Oh, that was one of the best days of my life. I wanted to SHOW THEM OFF! I was SO happy!

I haven't been regularly wearing earrings over the last few years, so when I put a pair of diamond studs on (fake, of course but don't tell!) a few days ago, Lauren said, "Oh mommy, those are PRETTY!", I asked if she wanted to wear earrings too. Her response was "yes" over the last few days, so I guess she was ready.Get set...

I was hoping that Lauren would be as happy as I was when I got my ears done, and she was. She stopped crying the moment she looked into the mirror, we got her a frozen yoghurt and headed home. She burst through the garage door and called for daddy to look at her pretty earrings. THen when her Uncle Peter, Auntie Grace and all her cousins came over, she was happy to show her ears off to them as well.Go...
Oh, that wasn't SO bad...I'm pretty
All better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment