Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

A Starfish in our garden - I love starfish!




What a Sunday! It seems summer has finally arrived here in southern Ontario! Beautiful weather, great family and great food. Problem was, food was coming all day long! We went to dim sum with all my siblings and nieces and nephews and then my cousins came over to celebrate Father's Day with us. We spent the afternoon in the pool (not me - I haven't been looking too good in my bathing suit these days - still trying to shed those 15 lbs. of hibernation fat buildup). Our dinner was complete with a baby spinach salad, prime rib steaks, premarinaded rosemary lamb chops, cheese sausages, grilled veggies (peppers and zucchini), grilled fish balls, baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. It was a hot day so nothing was to be made in the oven or cooked indoor for that matter.Enjoying a lovely sunny day in the pool!
Our feast - how do you know we're not vegetarians?

Veggies seasoned with Montreal Steak Spice & Seasoning Salt.Ughhh! Rosemary Lamb chops!

I have to say, I DO NOT like lamb. It just is too gamey for me. Even if the lamb touches my meat, I find it difficult to palate what it's touched. I've tried it several times starting from my youth and even recently I've tried to enjoy it, but I just can't. It's the same with sushi and smoked salmon. I guess it's for the better since all of the above are expensive. I do cook it for my kids and especially my hubby, but not too often. When we were in Greece a few years ago, I told my hubby that he'd better eat up because I won't be cooking it as good as they do and only on occasion. So what did he do? He had at least one meal with lamb everyday to get his fix. Did he ever think that he could buy it and cook it for himself? Guess not.

To be honest, when we put the pool in a few years ago, I knew I wouldn't be going in much. We had a pool at our last house, and in two years, I might have gone in no more than 5 times, 1 of which I was thrown. I love the aesthetics of the pool. It was either a pool or a nice grassy backyard with a hot tub. We decided to go with the former since I knew the kids would get more use out of a pool. My husband would have used the hot tub all year round. That just means that in a couple of years, we may just end up with a hot tub too, I guess.

Baby Cole had a blast in the pool! He really LOVES water!

Happy father's day, Hunny! Hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment