Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thai Red Curry Beef Kabobs


Steamy Kitchen's Thai Red Curry Beef Kebobs

I was having company and wanted to try something different with my top sirloin. I came across a recipe on Jaden's Steamy Kitchen Blog. You should check out her blog. She has great recipes and she's SO ENTERTAINING!

http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2008/09/10/thai-grilled-beef-skewers

It was perfect since I had this can of red curry that I bought a while back for something that I wanted to try but had long forgotten. Her son made it look so simple and tasty, the way I like recipes to be. I thought it was going to be too spicy for the kids but they all loved it. Lauren of course, loved the pineapple. In fact, I think that was all she ate and a couple of hot dogs! Fresh pineapple is even sweeter after bbqing since the juices caramelize.


Start with tender top sirloin and cut into desired sized cubes (I used about 5 lbs. of meat).




Combine all ingredients and let beef marinade


Cut up vegetables to be skewered.


Thread through skewers alternating meat with fruit/vegetables.




1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, 2 tablespoons of the juice reserved
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1 1/2 pounds top sirloin beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 red onion, quartered, layers separated

Directions
1. If grilling outdoors, prepare your grill for high, direct heat. If broiling in your kitchen, heat the broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Soak 8 wooden skewers (12 inches each) in a pan of water.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, and red curry paste. Reserve half of the sauce for serving (pour into a separate bowl.)

3. Add the beef to the marinade and let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature. Thread the beef, onion, and pineapple onto skewers. Grill on your outdoor grill or under broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway, until medium-rare.

It was DELICIOUS served with fresh corn on the cob and baked potatoes!


1 comment:

  1. This truly looks and sounds delicious. I'm making some tonight but I'm leaving out the pineapples. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete