Monday, May 4, 2009

Cupcakes for Katie


I never finished the last two weeks of my cake decorating course due to my father's illness and passing. The instructor said that I could make them up in the next session but I'm not sure that I want to. I'm not so sure if it's really worthwhile taking since you can actually go online to learn how to do anything on youtube! Did you know you could learn to knit on youtube, too? So, to hone up on how to make a rose, I could actually find an instructional video on youtube and just practice, practice, practice. Same goes for all the tips to make different designs. You actually just need to have a few basic tips and you can do a lot of nice things.

My daughter's friend's birthday was on Friday and since she didn't get a chance to eat her cake, since her older sister got into a car accident, my daughter decided that she wanted to make a few Duncan Hines cupcakes for her to cheer her up. I helped her decorate. For my cake decorating class a few weeks ago I made the buttercream icing which came in handy. Because it was made with water, it could keep in the fridge for weeks, unlike icing made with milk. We decorated these in less than 10 minutes flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment