Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate Chip Cookies





I was cleaning out my kitchen cupboard the other day and came across a recipe from one of my favourite "sweet" neighbours for Cranberry Toffee Crisps which she passed along about three years ago, and I've never attempted to make. With a package of hardened toffee bits in hand, I thought I'd better try the recipe out before I chuck the card and bits altogether. I made a variation of the recipe - well, I might as well say I created my own recipe, and was quite surprised and pleased by my new creation! My kids are my number one fan of anything sweet that I make, and they're always open to samples and this was definitely kid approved! I made three variations of the recipe recording the additions in each batch and then finally a few days later, made the newly created recipe. Of course, nothing was left after two days. This batch makes approximately 60 two-inch cookies. Yikes!!


original Cranberry Skor Cookies (Ann) recipe:

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 Skor bits
1 cup cranberries

Stir together. Bake at 375F 10-12 minutes. Be sure to space these out because they really flatten out. They are more like a crisp cookie.


My creation:

Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
2-1/2 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups craisins
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Put all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir until combined, using small Pampered Chef cookie scoop or a spoon. Place dough about 2" apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Bake for approximately 10 - 12 minutes or remove sooner if you like softer, chewier cookies. You might also want to give each cookie dough a little tap before baking to flatten them out. This last batch turned out 76 cookies!!









PS. I chucked the Skor Toffee Bits. The recipe card? A keeper...with a few markings... : )

4 comments:

  1. OMG! It looks like an assembly line! They look delicious. I can' wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish. This is on my to-make list. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete