Friday, March 13, 2009

Nicholisms

My son Nicholas. He is the third child of 5, smack in the middle of the bunch. Nicholas is a great kid. He's 11 years old, in grade 6, is so funny and doesn't even know it. He is smart, loving, sweet, compassionate, and has a great sense of humour. His classmates are great and are so caring towards him. He loves them as well. He has a few favourite teachers who also adore him. He touches everyone's lives by brightening their days. He brings a smile to anyone who crosses his path.

His Education Assistant, Donna, along with a few past teachers have given the things that come out of Nicholas' mouth, that make them smile or laugh till tears pour out. These are Nicholisms. A special name for a special child.

I only wish I had written more of them down over the years. As busy as I am, I know I should find the time to jot things down so I would never forget them. Unfortunately, I haven't been diligent enough. Sometimes, the teachers email me, or in passing, they'd tell me a Nicholism and visa versa. We all enjoy these Nicholisms and I sure hope you will too. If you know Nicholas, you'd understand why these are called Nicholisms. If you ever get a chance to meet this kid, I'm sure he'd make you smile, too.

March 12, 2009.

Email Donna wrote:

Hi Anna,
I have a new Nicholism for you. I told N. that the new American president is getting a Portugese Water dog just like his. N. said "Is that because they're black". After I got myself off the floor I explained that it's becaude they're hypo allergenic. I don't spent as much time with him as I used to because I'm scheduled elsewhere. He stopped me in the hall and said "How come I rarely see you?" I'm going to miss him sooooo much when him goes to high school. Who else is going to ask me about death,( "where did your mother go when she died?" ) divorce etc. He certainly brightens my day.

Donna
March 6, 2009.

Ms. Worthington wrote:

The word 'ignorance' came up in our reading the other day and we discussed the meaning of the word. I then asked students to think of something they were ignorant about. Some kids said the rules of basketball or how to roller blade. Nicholas responded with "women". :)

June 3, 2008.
I wrote an email to Ms. Dyer:



He has been really making us laugh a lot at home with his jokes and
pranks. For example, a friend of mine was over and she asked him for
ketchup. He came back with a dab on his hand and said, "Here you go!" She
didn't say how much she wanted, you see.

Or she asked my cousin if she was
pregnant, so my husband explained that you NEVER ask a woman if she's
pregnant. He later came to me and said, "Mom, you know something, Never
tell a woman she's fat!"

A month ago, she told my friend who he hasn't seen
in a while that she looked old. She laughed and said that Nicholas must be
blind as a bat!


Email from Ms. Dyer
Monday, May 05, 2008 1:43 PM

...Nicholas had an amazing morning. Very independent and he took a lot of initiative. It was funny when he came he declared he was doing a marathon of doing nothing today. I told him this might conflict with my schedule and maybe he could do a marathon of learning instead. But despite declaring this he did everything that was asked of him. Required very few prompts and really had a wonderful morning. He was joking with everyone and so I told him at the end of the lesson that he must be on a marathon of awesomeness as he did so well today.


For those who know him, and remember a story, please feel free to share it with me so I could add it to the list. But for now, it's late and I will definitely add to this list soon.

2 comments:

  1. "Nicholism" is such a cute term. I look forward to reading more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete