Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easy Banana Bread






I know everyone has a recipe for the easiest banana bread, but I'm sure this one takes the cake! I've been making this cake for almost 15 years. I think I was first introduced to it at my eldest daughter's preschool and NEEDED to have this recipe, so I begged and begged the mom relentlessly. This recipe is SO moist and delicious, everyone will be asking you for the recipe, too! What else do you do with those rotting bananas besides put them into milkshakes or smoothies? Here's what else...
















½ cup salad dressing/mayonnaise (do not use NO FAT)

1egg

3 medium ripe bananas

cup flour

1 cup sugar

½ cup chopped nuts (optional)

1 tsp baking soda


Preheat oven to 350F. Combine salad dressing, egg and bananas. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. (*HANDY TIP: I add the dry ingredients into the loaf pans and this will coat the pans with flour and one less bowl to clean up,too.)Add dry ingredients to salad dressing mixture and mix with fork.

Bread: Turn into 9” x 5” (2L) greased or floured (done, if you used my handy tip) loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and remove from pan. Makes one loaf.

Muffins: Spoon into muffin tins. Makes 18 – 24 muffins. Bake 30-40 minutes.


**I usually double or even triple the recipe**


1 comment: