Thursday, March 12, 2009

Death of a Microwave Oven


HEADINE NEWS: Panasonic Inverter Microwave Oven dies at the tender age of 3!

This morning, I am mourning the short life of my microwave oven. It's incredible how our lives depend on the little modern conveniences such as this. Maybe I just depended too much on it. We used the thing almost everyday. Perhaps, that's the cause of death.


A couple of years ago, I decided that the Frigidaire Gallery microwave/vent wasn't strong enough. So, we invested in a heavy-duty range vent hood and therefore, had to get a new microwave oven. The old one worked fine, it was the range hood that was all noise, no action. I'm not kidding: when I turned the thing on at full speed, the steam would literally be going everywhere but up and out! Well, it was going "out", just out towards me!! They sure don't make 'em like they used to! With Consumer's Reports great rating backing me up, I was sure I had a winner. Not!

So, I guess today's job is to go to Costco to pick up another one. Does a day go by where I DON'T have to buy anything?

1 comment: